A Facebook Business page can build awareness and help sales by driving traffic to your website.
Facebook has over 845 million users, of whom over half are active on a daily basis, and more than 400 million who use the platform on smartphones.
Facebook Business pages can offer an effective way of communicating with, and promoting to, this vast audience.
Building A Base
‘Fans’ – people who want to follow your Facebook page activity – are fundamental to its success. Start a base by:
- Encouraging people to sign up, perhaps with limited-time promotions such as money-off vouchers.
- Links on all your promotional material, including email signatures, your website, advertisements and direct marketing.
- Including cross-links from other social media channels, such as Twitter and LinkedIn profiles and your blog keeping the conversation going through forum posts, blogs, Tweets and similar activity
Build The Community
It is this community who will deliver value for your business, by helping to spread the news about what you do. Remember that Facebook is social, so most people will have friends with similar tastes. Someone who likes what they see on your Facebook page and clicks the ‘Like’ button is going to pass that information on to all their friends – who might in turn look at your page, like what they see and also click the button.
So it’s important to make your page as interesting and valuable as possible – for example:
- restaurants could offer selected recipes
- builders’ merchants could provide ‘how to’ DIY guides
- fashion retailers could offer reduced-price accessories or special deals on cosmetics
- hotels could list last-minute or low-season specials